Hello and welcome back! It has been a while since my last blog post. Since the last post, I moved from Denver to Raleigh. Last week while at the PASS Summit, I was visiting with Jason Horner and he suggested I blog about the subject I was sharing with him. The topic is Restoring a Production Database to a Non-Production Server. Over the next few weeks, we will be reviewing several sub-topics about restoring a production database. I call this process, Scrubbing the Data. Here is an overview of the topics we will be discussing:
- Why do I need Production Data outside Production
- Developing an Environmental Aware Servers
- Setting up a Scrub Server
- Rules of Scrubbing Data
- Changing TDE Database and Cell Level Encryption by Certificate
- Complete Scrubbing Process
I will be leaving on vacation on Friday, so keep your eyes open for the first post on scrubbing your data around the end of November.